Monday, March 16, 2009

Drummer's Camp 09

It's the second camp I've been to since becoming a drummer.

















Aimed to train new members more quick and efficiently, the camp lasted for 3 days, on the 14th to 16th of March.

















The coaching was done by me, Min Zhuang and Benny. We trained in the mornings, afternoons and nights.


































The new members practised some basic rudiments with a little bit of drumming techniques.

The core members also trained a new piece choreographed by Abraham, our coach.

















A new concept and formation of drums will be used in this piece. Seven drums form the front row which is triangular in shape. Another five will be the middle and flat drums. Three highly positioned drums at the back completes the formation.

















New rudiments for us in our new piece. I'm quite impressed by the beats in this piece, all made my our coach. They aren't easy. But anyway I must say that he's a great coach. Also, he's funny.

The core members trained until 12am++ midnight and believe me, after training we still had to go and bath as we have absolutely no time to do that during the day.

















Any ideas where we slept during the camp? I mean the core members..

















On stage.

















Aaron's one-and-only cozy bed tempted everyone, he's a good spot finder as his place was the coolest and most relaxing one on the stage.

















Time flies. Days are just gone like that and the camp finally ended this evening at 6pm. A small gathering before departing was held. I hope that all the new members will benefit from this camp and be better in the coming days.

















Tiring, as always. A camp's gonna be like that. Anyway I enjoyed my time as camp commander and I wanna say thanks to everyone who participated in this camp. I do hope for a better one next year if possible.

By the way, to the core members. I had a great time with you guys. We trained, joked and shared for so long and I want us to be always a team.


















Another web album will be uploaded soon until I've got all the pictures taken by others.

Finally, a big thanks for our coach Abraham!

No comments: