Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day with drums

Another fine day..(not till at night) and I was informed to be in charge in an activity which was participated by some teachers from schools around eastcoast Malaysia at Dewan Tunku Abdul Rahman, KT. The activity is mainly about the understanding towards different traditional and cultural games of the country. I was in charge with the 24 season drums together with my teammate, Jun Xiang.

As instructors, we are required to teach those teachers the basics of playing the drums and perform some of our pieces. It's quite fun teaching those friendly teachers anyway, looking how they played the drums with different expressions...

There are other games such as the kompang, Chinese chess, Chinese yo-yo, congkak and bamboo dance. The Chinese yo-yo impressed me though.



The Chinese yo-yo brought back by me


Went back at around 4.30pm. It was quite an afternoon spent. Anyway I'll be joining my friends for the telematch at Bukit Besar tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oo.. Teachers from other schools ? Pretty cool.