Monday, November 24, 2008

I wondered..

Have u guys experienced Déjà vu? Or even heard about this word? Déjà vu can be also known as paramnesia or promnesia. According to Wikipedia, Déjà vu is the experience of feeling sure that one has witnessed or experienced a new situation previously (an individual feels as though an event has already happened or has happened in the near past). Get the meaning?

It means like experiencing a situation which had already happened to you, either you dreamed or even thought about it. For example, you are having dinner with a group of friends, discussing some topics about Maths, and you have the feeling that you've already experienced this very thing -- same friends, same dinner, same topic. I once had this experience which I remembered clearly..I've forgotten whether I've dreamed about it or what..but at a time something happened to me then I suddenly had this ''hey..I've seen/experience this event before!'' kinda feeling..then I'll start to wonder what actually happened, but I can't explain it to myself.

After some time, I had this feeling again( I've forgotten what event was that ), and..the thing happening to me is exactly at the same place, person and scene! According to scientific research - thanks to Wikipedia again, Déjà vu is an impression that an experience is "being recalled." It's hard to explain to those who had not experienced, but to those who had may know what I mean. To be honest, I did not knew what Déjà vu means( although I've seen this word before) until I read a book which I've bought in Penang. Quite surprised though..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Finally, someone knew about deja vu.

I had deja vu occasionally since erm.. young?

Have a feeling that the same thing had happened before but cannot recall when it happened. Ya, sometimes it baffles me, eg, " Hmm, this thing seems familiar but i have never seen it "

Anonymous said...

You thought you're the only one who knows the word (or the situation) ? Everyone does, you prick..

Kenny Tan said...

He's like that forever..